Background to this storyEdit
Main point of the book. Written by Frena Franvil.
Short version (NWN book description)Edit
- As the days turn to dusk,
- The city watch patrol the streets,
- Camp fires lit to ward off the night,
- And the dragons count their gold,
- Strange tale be told,
- In inn and tavern around the land,
- That of what was whence,
- When the dwarves stood tall!
- In the mines and catacombs,
- An evil did steal the earth,
- An insidious fungus,
- That infested many man.
- Even the elves,
- So fair and impervi'al,
- Soon fell under,
- This curse of avarice.
- Soon the chaos roamed the land,
- Snatching at all that breathed,
- In the land of man,
- And he watched on.
- Those that found beauty in the stone,
- The riches that the land held,
- Stood against this tide,
- Shoulder to shoulder they stood strong.
- A dwarf's love of the anvil,
- The hot fires of the smelter,
- Working the ores into metals,
- Gold's value was it's beauty alone.
- This saved the sons of Moradin,
- They fought together,
- Side-by-side in the underdark,
- Shed blood to defend the land.
- A war was waged,
- And a war was won,
- The demon lord defeated,
- But the fungus lives on.
- Forever watchful,
- Beaten but not defeated,
- Waiting to unfurl it's evil plan,
- To infect the heart of man.
- So tales by the fireside,
- Warn of the woes,
- Should greed become commonplace,
- And infest the land.
This piece is short enough to be left as it is.
| Interesting topics relating to this story
| [[link]] • [[link]]